Pick up from Kathmandu airport and transfer to hotel (1350m).
Zambuling Trekking provides very professional, helpful and friendly service from Kathmandu to the ABC as well as during the climb. Our objective is to provide a good quality, helpful, safe, friendly, stress free and comprehensive service to maximize summit opportunity.
In the Base camp our cooks and helpers will prepare and serve three delicious freshly cooked and plentiful meals a day and will ensure that hot and cold drinks are available 24 hrs a day. In the Base Camp we provide spacious expedition quality personal tents for all our clients both with full board or base-camp service only. In base camp we also provide dining tent, kitchen tent, toilet facilities and portable shower facilities and tent accommodation for our staff.
In base camp we provide access to communication including satellite telephone and internet access, solar panels to charge your batteries and UHF/VHF hand held radios on the mountain to maintain communications between ABC and high camps.
Our camp manager as well as guides and climbing Sherpa’s have an extensive experience on multiple Everest climbs. They will ensure cooperation with other companies and Base Camp organization. In base camp our guides will work with other teams to ensure contribution from all operators for tasks such as route fixing and to ensure the safety of climbers from ABC to the summit.
It is important for each climber to choose the right
expedition guide service that not only suites their needs, but provides the
best safely and secure mountaineering experience possible. There are more than
1,700 trekking companies in Nepal who offer 8,000 meter expeditions including
Everest, but only about 30 companies who operate 8,000 meter peaks on a regular
basis. We are proud to be one of these 30 companies and consistently offer, run
and succeed at these types of expeditions year after year.
It is very important that the climbers who choose Zambuling Trekking for this trip of a lifetime experience have expectations that are compatible with the program we offer and the style of expedition. We do not want to simply “fill our expedition”, but instead we want to comprise a team of companionable people who are focused on reaching the summit with the highest level of support and safety standards that can be provided by a guiding service on Mt Everest. We team this with the best standards of food and quality equipment to further assist each client reach their full potential. We feel that we offer the best environment and opportunity for you to be successful on the world’s highest mountain.
Zambuling Trekking offers Full Board Service for our entire range of flagship Mountaineering Expeditions to all 8000m peaks. Our Full Board service means that we will provide a Trekking service, an in-Base camp service and High camp service executed by your Sherpa Climbing Guide. All our Full Board clients will have a personal Sherpa Climbing guide exclusively dedicated to the client for the duration of the climb.
Our climbing Sherpa guide team will establish and secure climbing route in collaboration with other climbing teams participating on the route; Establish all high camps with camping equipment, provisions and oxygen and prepare high altitude food for his client; Assist his client on the route and ensure client safety and well being on the route through guiding and negotiating the route access priorities at pace and schedule determined by clients’ physical condition and preferred pace; Ensure total commitment to the client in case of emergency with clients’ safety and well being as overriding priority.
High camp service for Full Board Service clients will consist of provision of all equipment necessary to fix the route, all camping equipment, fuel and food for high camps as well as oxygen provision, including mask and regulator and latest model of Poisk oxygen, Summit system of Mask regulators in quantities specified in your climbing itinerary as per height of Mountain.
Full Board Service Cost Includes:
· Arrival and departure transfer services to and from both Domestic and International flight as per itinerary.
· Assistance at the International airport by Zambuling Trekking while arriving and departing in Kathmandu.
· 4 Nights hotels accommodation in Kathmandu on B/B basis.
· Experienced and government licensed high altitude trekking guide during the trekking and climbing period.
· All trekking and mountaineering equipments like; kitchen tent, stores tent, dining tents, toilet tents, tables, chairs, and cooking utensils for advance Base Camp and camp two.
· Common climbing equipment (necessary fixed and main rope, ice bars, ice screws, snow bar etc)
· Services of cook and kitchen boy at Base Camp
· 3 meals a day (Breakfasts, Lunch and Dinners with tea/ coffee) in available tea house/hotel/lodge during the trekking
· 3 fresh meals a day (Breakfasts, Lunch and Dinners) will be serve at base camp, and camp two.
· All food and fuel for Base Camp and higher camps during expedition for both members and crews.
· Per person 40kg baggage allowance during trekking-up carrying by porter or Yak to climbing the Mt. Dhauligiri.
· Daily Weather Report Services from Seattle based
· Trekking Permit
· TIMS card (Trekking Information Management System).
· Expedition Royalty and climbing permit of Nepal Government to climb Mt. Dhauligiri.
· Nepalese Government Royalty and fees;
· One Experienced, Trained, Government Licensed, and at list 02 Times Summiteers Climbing/expedition Sherpa Guide per client.
· All wages, equipment, medical and accidental Insurances for all involved staffs in trekking and expedition.
· Equipment allowances and wages for Climbing Sherpa’s, cooks, kitchen boys.
· Equipment allowances and wages for Government Liaison Officer.
· First Aid medical kits for the Group and the staffs.
· Satellite phone carrying by Guide for communication and available for members with the cost of US$ 4 per minute call.
· Appropriate food for high altitude and all climbing crew at base camp and above as required.
· Required fixed and dynamic rope during climbing period.
· Heater will be provided at base camp for heating the dining room.
· Emergency Oxygen, mask and regulator provided on requirement of guest with appropriate charge
· Each expedition member will have an individual tent available in the ABC.
· Solar panel for light and battery charger.
· All tents for camp 1, 2 and 3 for members and staff.
· Gamow Bags (Portable Altitude Chamber).
· Sherpa's tents, food for climbing, and insurance for staff
· Helicopter rescue insurance for high altitude climbing Sherpa guide, cook and staff.
· Free assistance service for Cargo clearance and Duties.
· Fresh cooked food and kitchen will be provided at Advance Base camp.
· Trekking and Climbing map of the mount Dhauligari
· EPI Cooking gas, stove will be provided for high camp for cooking food, boiling water.
· Generator will be providing for back- up of lighting power and charging electronic tools.
· Transportation of food supply to Base Camp from Kathmandu
· Our service charge and Government Taxes levied in Nepal.
· Complete pre-departure information
· Flight ticket reconfirmation
· visa extension procedure services (if necessary)
· Farewell Dinner in a typical Nepali restaurant with domestic culture show in Kathmandu.
Full board service Cost Exclude:
· Lunch and Dinner during your stay in Kathmandu (except for the farewell dinner)
· Any packed food/snacks, aerated drinks, energy drinks, mineral water, alcohol, cigarettes, chocolates, nutria-bars during the trekking.
· Items of personal nature, Laundry Expenses, Tips.
· Any extra expenses arising out of various/unforeseen situations like natural calamities, landslides, political disturbances, strikes, changes in Government regulations, etc.
· Extra transportation then display in itinerary program.
· Any additional staff other than specified.
· Rescue, Repatriation, Medicines, Medical Tests and Hospitalization expenses.
· Medical Insurance and emergency rescue evacuation if required.
· Travel Insurance and helicopter rescue.
· Filming permit (if special camera).
· Personal climbing gears;
· Expenses incurred towards usage of landlines, mobiles, walkie-talkies or satellite phone And Internet expenses
· Clothing, Packing Items or Bags, Personal Medical Kit, Camera/Video Fees or Trekking Gears
· Nepal custom duty for import of expedition goods.
· Summit bonus for climbing Sherpa Guides as per Mountaineering Association rules. Minimum US$ 1500.00 per climbing Sherpa guide, after summit.
· Tips and gifts for base camp and high altitude trekking and climbing staff.
· Airfare of international flights.
· Nepal entry visa fee (Visa issuance on arrival in Kathmandu)
· Any extra services or products or offers or activities which are not mentioned in the itinerary.
· Any other item not included in “COST INCLUDES” section.
Zambuling Trekking has not able to include the cost of each package in the company website. Many of our clients have the same query: why Zambuling Trekking has not included the price in the package. To provide you service in reasonable cost and attempt to address your each requirement we desired to provide you with some information which directly affects the cost and also helps us breakdown the cost. That’s why; we have decided to clarify our customers that due to following reasons we have not included the cost in our website and package:
· The cost of the trip always depends on the size of the group, category of the hotel accommodation and the facilities that you aspire in the mountain.
· We operate the peak climbing in full arrangement package and basic arrangement service (full board or base camp service) which directly affects the expedition cost.
· The itinerary may be changed after reaching an understanding between the agency and the client. Other activities could be added or reduced as per the client's request before processing the trip. Price for reduced activities could be deducted and additional activities could be added in mutual understanding.
· The number of climbing Sherpa guides, high altitude porters, kitchen crew, mode of transport you prefer and many other factors can affect the cost of the trip.
· Number of persons in group including; number of climbers, non-climber, base camp supporters, medical doctors, Alpine climbing guide also affect the cost.
· Either you want to operate this expedition as international group joining basics of Zambuling Trekking or individual (private arrangement) expedition.
· Request numbers of oxygen, mask regulators and the brands the clients require
· Climbing season: normally most of the climbers climb Himalayas in the spring and the autumn season. The climbing permit royalty cost for mountain will be 50% less in the autumn than spring season.
· Quality of food that client requires. Any specialized food that has to be ordered from foreign country will be costlier compared to the one available here.
· Either any of the climbers intend to attempt any world records? If so, do they require special services or equipment?
· Due to the above position the price range for the same trip can vary widely. So, we would like to discuss with our client before offering the cost. Please feel free to contact Zambuling Trekking for any information about in your selected package.
The 7th highest mountain peak in the world is Mt. Dhaulagiri. It is the 5th highest one amongst in Nepal. This mountain is located in the Northwest of Myagdi District of Nepal. Dhavala means “White” and Giri means “Mountain peak” from Sanskrit, is a real giant which endorse to say the range of White Mountains as Dhavala-giri here after called Mt.Dhaulagiri in combined. The real altitude of Mt Dhaulagiri is (8,167m) from sea level. Mt. Dhaulagiri is one of the most formidable peaks to climb with the first successful summit only in 1960 by the Swiss following from the Northeast ridge. This mountain was first sighted by the British surveyors in India in the early 1800s but remained virtually unknown until a Swiss aerial survey in 1949. Five ridges buttress Dhaulagiri l and even up until the early 1980's only the Northeast ridge had been successfully climbed. Dhaulagiri is considered the most interesting peak among the eight thousand meters one. In terms of rise above the terrain Dhaulagiri is unparallel as it rises 7000m over Kali Gandaki valley over horizontal length of 30km, which by any standard is an impressive statistic.
Mt. Dhaulagiri Expedition:
The vast majority of ascents to date have been via the first ascent route, which is the "Normal Route" on the Expedition of Dhaulagiri. However ascents have been made from almost every direction in this mountain. Dhaulagiri has 5 ridges and south and west faces, which raise 4000m from their Base Camps, offering opportunities to develop many interesting routes from Italian, Swiss and French camps. As of 2007, there had been 358 summit ascents of Dhaulagiri and 58 climbing fatalities on the mountain. Due to its technically challenging routes, the lack of big commercial expeditions is one of the more attractive qualities of Dhaulagiri as only seasoned mountaineers seem to have interest in this formidable mountain.
Zambuling Trekking is pleased to offer for our beloved Expedition members to this unforgettable and highly exciting mountain expedition in Mt. Dhaulagiri as the world-class equipped and managed project. We provide a comprehensive service organizing all necessary permits, and climbing documentation, travelling logistics including airfares, ground transportation, porters, and other individual services required by mountaineers. On the track to the ABC we organize logistics for provision of all required accommodation and food. Upon request or if previously confirmed we are ready to supply all necessary logistics, rescues, supports etc. to the climbers included in the Expedition.
Facts of the Trip
· Highest access: 8167m (26,795ft)
· First Ascent: Swiss-Austrian team, May 13, 1960
· Duration:46 typically Days
· Group Size:02-10 People per group
· Co-ordinates:28°41'48''N 83°29'42''E
· Location: Dhaulagiri Himal
· Country: Nepal
· Airport: Kathmandu (KTM)
· Departure From: Kathmandu (KTM)
· Grade: AD/Scottish Grade IV
· Accommodation: Five star hotel in Kathmandu
· Meals: B/B plan in Kathmandu & B,L,D in during Driving and climbing period
· Transportation: Car, Flight, Tourist bus
· Best season: Late spring (traditionally less hazardous) and autumn
· Major Activity: Trekking/Mountaineering
· Include Activity: Side tour to Pokhara & Kathmandu
· Culture: Gurung, Thakali, Magar
· Mode of Travel: Camping
· Climbing route: Northeast Ridge
· Himalayan sights: Mt. Annapurna, Mt. Putha Hunchuli, Mt. Machhapuchhre (Fishtail)
Pick up from Kathmandu airport and transfer to hotel (1350m).
Official formalities and expedition preparation in Kathmandu.
Drive from Kathmandu to Pokhara (950m-6 Hrs.); hotel.
Drive from Pokhara to Marpha (2670m-8 Hrs.); lodge.
Rest and acclimatization (Marpha-Muktinath-Marpha Tour); lodge.
Trek from Marpha to Yak Kharka (3680m-7 Hrs.); camping.
Trek to Hidden Valley (5080m-6 Hrs.) via Thapa pass; camping.
Trek to Dhaulagiri Base Camp (4700m-5 Hrs.) via French pass; camping.
09-39: Climbing Period (Summit Period to Mt. Dhaulagiri 8167m).
Dismantling ABC, preparation to returning (Clean Base Camp).
Trek to Hidden valley (5080m- 4 Hrs.) via French pass; camping.
Trek down Yak Kharka (3680m- 7 Hrs.) via Dhampus pass; camping.
Trek to Jomsom (2710m-6 Hrs.) via Marpha; lodge.
Fly from Jomsom to Pokhara, (20 minutes,)transfer hotel.
Drive from Pokhara to Kathmandu by tourist bus (7 Hrs.); hotel.
D-Briefing and leisure day in Kathmandu; evening farewell dinner.
Final departure to your port of destination.
· Cost defers on Hotel Category for Hotels in Kathmandu.
· The itinerary is changeable and modifiable as per needs and time frame of the clients.
· Cost will be re calculated if the itinerary is changed or modified.
· Additional activities may be added as per request with nominal additional cost.
· For any kind of changes please contact us by email or call to us.
All arrival and departure transfers in Kathmandu.
4 Nights in Kathmandu & 2 Nights in Pokhara hotel accommodations on BB Plan.
Kathmandu-Pokhara-Takam/Marpha and Pokhara Kathmandu land transfers.
Jomsom-Pokhara flight transfers for climbing members.
Mt. Dhaulagiri expedition permit (Royalty; US$ 1800/900 for member).
Government official Liaison Officer for Mt. Dhaulagiri Expedition.
Annapurna Conservation Area entry permit and TIMs card for members.
All camping equipment in Advance Base Camp and other camps.
Food, accommodation and guide during trekking in teahouse/lodge/camp.
Food during expedition period cooked by our experienced cook at ABC.
1:1 experienced private climbing Sherpa guide for climbing support.
2 Oxygen (4 Ltrs.) bottles for climbing member and 1 for Sherpa.
Mask & regulators 1-set for climbing member and Sherpa.
Gamow bag at EBC for emergency rescue purpose.
Baggage allowance carrying by mules/porters up and down to BC: 50 kg.
Required high altitude food for climbing member and Sherpa.
Insurance, wages, meal and allowances for climbing Sherpa and BC staffs.
Icefall and rope fixing charges, tents at high camps C1, C2, and C3 and Solar panels for light and battery charging in base camp.
Office service charge and government taxes levied in Nepal and farewell Dinner in a typical Nepali restaurant with domestic culture show in Kathmandu.
Any additional staff (s) specially required by the climbing member.
Lunch and dinner during your stay in Kathmandu except farewell dinner in Kathmandu.
Items of personal nature like laundry, phone calls and Internet uses.
Clothing, packing items, personal medical kit, personal trekking/climbing gears.
Any extra services or products or offers or activities not mentioned in the itinerary.
Any extra expenses arising out of various/unforeseen situations like natural calamities, landslides,
Political disturbances, strikes, change in Government regulations etc.
Rescue, repatriation, medicines, medical tests and hospitalization expenses.
Airfare of international and domestic flights other than specified.
Summit bonus to the personal climbing Sherpa (Beginning from minimum US$ 1,200 per summit per Sherpa).
Tips to base camp staffs(Per climbing member beginning from minimum US$ 200 in total for all)
Any other item not mentioned in “The Service Package Excludes” Section.
Please fill out the form below and we will get back to you as soon as possible.