Arrival in Kathmandu and Hotel transfer.
Zambuling Trekking provides very professional, helpful and friendly service from Kathmandu to the ABC as well as during the climb. Our objective is to provide a good quality, helpful, safe, friendly, stress free and comprehensive service to maximize summit opportunity.
In the Base camp our cooks and helpers will prepare and serve three delicious freshly cooked and plentiful meals a day and will ensure that hot and cold drinks are available 24 hrs a day. In the Base Camp we provide spacious expedition quality personal tents for all our clients both with full board or base-camp service only. In base camp we also provide dining tent, kitchen tent, toilet facilities and portable shower facilities and tent accommodation for our staff.
In base camp we provide access to communication including satellite telephone and internet access, solar panels to charge your batteries and UHF/VHF hand held radios on the mountain to maintain communications between ABC and high camps.
Our camp manager as well as guides and climbing Sherpa’s have an extensive experience on multiple Everest climbs. They will ensure cooperation with other companies and Base Camp organization. In base camp our guides will work with other teams to ensure contribution from all operators for tasks such as route fixing and to ensure the safety of climbers from ABC to the summit.
It is important for each climber to choose the right
expedition guide service that not only suites their needs, but provides the
best safely and secure mountaineering experience possible. There are more than
1,700 trekking companies in Nepal who offer 8,000 meter expeditions including
Everest, but only about 30 companies who operate 8,000 meter peaks on a regular
basis. We are proud to be one of these 30 companies and consistently offer, run
and succeed at these types of expeditions year after year.
It is very important that the climbers who choose Zambuling Trekking for this trip of a lifetime experience have expectations that are compatible with the program we offer and the style of expedition. We do not want to simply “fill our expedition”, but instead we want to comprise a team of companionable people who are focused on reaching the summit with the highest level of support and safety standards that can be provided by a guiding service on Mt Everest. We team this with the best standards of food and quality equipment to further assist each client reach their full potential. We feel that we offer the best environment and opportunity for you to be successful on the world’s highest mountain.
Zambuling Trekking offers Full Board Service for our entire range of flagship Mountaineering Expeditions to all 8000m peaks. Our Full Board service means that we will provide a Trekking service, an in-Base camp service and High camp service executed by your Sherpa Climbing Guide. All our Full Board clients will have a personal Sherpa Climbing guide exclusively dedicated to the client for the duration of the climb.
Our climbing Sherpa guide team will establish and secure climbing route in collaboration with other climbing teams participating on the route; Establish all high camps with camping equipment, provisions and oxygen and prepare high altitude food for his client; Assist his client on the route and ensure client safety and well being on the route through guiding and negotiating the route access priorities at pace and schedule determined by clients’ physical condition and preferred pace; Ensure total commitment to the client in case of emergency with clients’ safety and well being as overriding priority.
High camp service for Full Board Service clients will consist of provision of all equipment necessary to fix the route, all camping equipment, fuel and food for high camps as well as oxygen provision, including mask and regulator and latest model of Poisk oxygen, Summit system of Mask regulators in quantities specified in your climbing itinerary as per height of Mountain.
Full Board Service Cost Includes:
· Arrival and departure transfer services to and from both Domestic and International flight as per itinerary.
· Assistance at the International airport by Zambuling Trekking while arriving and departing in Kathmandu.
· 4 Nights hotels accommodation in Kathmandu on B/B basis.
· Experienced and government licensed high altitude trekking guide during the trekking and climbing period.
· All trekking and mountaineering equipments like; kitchen tent, stores tent, dining tents, toilet tents, tables, chairs, and cooking utensils for advance Base Camp and camp two.
· Common climbing equipment (necessary fixed and main rope, ice bars, ice screws, snow bar etc)
· Services of cook and kitchen boy at Base Camp
· 3 meals a day (Breakfasts, Lunch and Dinners with tea/ coffee) in available tea house/hotel/lodge during the trekking
· 3 fresh meals a day (Breakfasts, Lunch and Dinners) will be serve at base camp, and camp two.
· All food and fuel for Base Camp and higher camps during expedition for both members and crews.
· Per person 40kg baggage allowance during trekking-up carrying by porter or Yak to climbing the Mt. Makalu.
· Daily Weather Report Services from Seattle based
· Trekking Permit
· TIMS card (Trekking Information Management System).
· Expedition Royalty and climbing permit of Nepal Government to climb Mt. Makalu
· Nepalese Government Royalty and fees;
· One Experienced, Trained, Government Licensed, and at list 02 Times Summiteers Climbing/expedition Sherpa Guide per client.
· All wages, equipment, medical and accidental Insurances for all involved staffs in trekking and expedition.
· Equipment allowances and wages for Climbing Sherpa’s, cooks, kitchen boys.
· Equipment allowances and wages for Government Liaison Officer.
· First Aid medical kits for the Group and the staffs.
· Satellite phone carrying by Guide for communication and available for members with the cost of US$ 4 per minute call.
· Appropriate food for high altitude and all climbing crew at base camp and above as required.
· Required fixed and dynamic rope during climbing period.
· Heater will be provided at base camp for heating the dining room.
· Emergency Oxygen, mask and regulator provided on requirement of guest with appropriate charge
· Each expedition member will have an individual tent available in the ABC.
· Solar panel for light and battery charger.
· All tents for camp 1, 2 and 3 for members and staff.
· Gamow Bags (Portable Altitude Chamber).
· Sherpa's tents, food for climbing, and insurance for staff
· Helicopter rescue insurance for high altitude climbing Sherpa guide, cook and staff.
· Free assistance service for Cargo clearance and Duties.
· Fresh cooked food and kitchen will be provided at Advance Base camp.
· Trekking and Climbing map of the mount Makalu
· EPI Cooking gas, stove will be provided for high camp for cooking food, boiling water.
· Generator will be providing for back- up of lighting power and charging electronic tools.
· Transportation of food supply to Base Camp from Kathmandu
· Our service charge and Government Taxes levied in Nepal.
· Complete pre-departure information
· Flight ticket reconfirmation
· visa extension procedure services (if necessary)
· Farewell Dinner in a typical Nepali restaurant with domestic culture show in Kathmandu.
Full board service Cost Exclude:
· Lunch and Dinner during your stay in Kathmandu (except for the farewell dinner)
· Any packed food/snacks, aerated drinks, energy drinks, mineral water, alcohol, cigarettes, chocolates, nutria-bars during the trekking.
· Items of personal nature, Laundry Expenses, Tips.
· Any extra expenses arising out of various/unforeseen situations like natural calamities, landslides, political disturbances, strikes, changes in Government regulations, etc.
· Extra transportation then display in itinerary program.
· Any additional staff other than specified.
· Rescue, Repatriation, Medicines, Medical Tests and Hospitalization expenses.
· Medical Insurance and emergency rescue evacuation if required.
· Travel Insurance and helicopter rescue.
· Filming permit (if special camera).
· Personal climbing gears;
· Expenses incurred towards usage of landlines, mobiles, walkie-talkies or satellite phone And Internet expenses
· Clothing, Packing Items or Bags, Personal Medical Kit, Camera/Video Fees or Trekking Gears
· Nepal custom duty for import of expedition goods.
· Summit bonus for climbing Sherpa Guides as per Mountaineering Association rules. Minimum US$ 1500.00 per climbing Sherpa guide, after summit.
· Tips and gifts for base camp and high altitude trekking and climbing staff.
· Airfare of international flights.
· Nepal entry visa fee (Visa issuance on arrival in Kathmandu)
· Any extra services or products or offers or activities which are not mentioned in the itinerary.
· Any other item not included in “COST INCLUDES” section.
Zambuling Trekking has not able to include the cost of each package in the company website. Many of our clients have the same query: why Zambuling Trekking has not included the price in the package. To provide you service in reasonable cost and attempt to address your each requirement we desired to provide you with some information which directly affects the cost and also helps us breakdown the cost. That’s why; we have decided to clarify our customers that due to following reasons we have not included the cost in our website and package:
· The cost of the trip always depends on the size of the group, category of the hotel accommodation and the facilities that you aspire in the mountain.
· We operate the peak climbing in full arrangement package and basic arrangement service (full board or base camp service) which directly affects the expedition cost.
· The itinerary may be changed after reaching an understanding between the agency and the client. Other activities could be added or reduced as per the client's request before processing the trip. Price for reduced activities could be deducted and additional activities could be added in mutual understanding.
· The number of climbing Sherpa guides, high altitude porters, kitchen crew, mode of transport you prefer and many other factors can affect the cost of the trip.
· Number of persons in group including; number of climbers, non-climber, base camp supporters, medical doctors, Alpine climbing guide also affect the cost.
· Either you want to operate this expedition as international group joining basics of Zambuling Trekking or individual (private arrangement) expedition.
· Request numbers of oxygen, mask regulators and the brands the clients require
· Climbing season: normally most of the climbers climb Himalayas in the spring and the autumn season. The climbing permit royalty cost for mountain will be 50% less in the autumn than spring season.
· Quality of food that client requires. Any specialized food that has to be ordered from foreign country will be costlier compared to the one available here.
· Either any of the climbers intend to attempt any world records? If so, do they require special services or equipment?
· Due to the above position the price range for the same trip can vary widely. So, we would like to discuss with our client before offering the cost. Please feel free to contact Zambuling Trekking for any information about in your selected package.
Makalu is the fifth highest mountain in the world. It lies in the northeast region of land is a close neighbor to Mount Everest. It is an isolated peak, located just 14 miles east of Mount Everest. Its size alone is impressive, but its structure, that of a perfect pyramid with four sharp ridges, makes this mountain all the more spectacular.
It has proved to be a challenging climb, as only five of its
first sixteen attempts were successful. Previously, it had been admired and
studied by several Everest parties, but like so many other giants in the Khumbu
region, it was not attempted until the summit of Everest had been attained in
1954. A French group first climbed Makalu in the year 1955.
Chomo Lonzo (25,650 ft.) is a subsidiary peak of Makalu, rising just north of the higher summit, separated by a narrow saddle.
Arrival in Kathmandu and Hotel transfer.
Preparation, briefings, last-minute shopping and formalities.
Flight from Kathmandu to Tumlingtar and drive to Num (1800m); lodge.
Trek from Num to Sheduwa (1510m-5 Hrs.); lodge.
from Sheduwa to Tashi Gaon (2070m-6 Hrs.); lodge.
Trek from Tashi Gaon to Khongma (3760m-7 Hrs.); lodge.
Trek from Khongma to Mumbuk (3550m-6 Hrs.); lodge.
Trek from Mumbuk to Neha Kharka (4320m-7 Hrs.); camping.
from Neha Kharka to Makalu Lower Base Camp (4700m-6 Hrs.); camping.
at Makalu Lower Base Camp (4700m); camping.
Hike from Lower Base Camp to Makalu Base Camp (4870m-4 Hrs.); camping.
Day 12-43: Climbing period; summit Makalu (8463m).
Preparation to return to Kathmandu; Clean Base Camp.
Trek from Base Camp to Yangri Kharka (3600m-7 Hrs.); lodge.
Trek from Yangri Kharka to Kongma (3760m-7 Hrs.); lodge.
Trek from Kongma to Sheduwa (1510m); lodge.
Trek Seeduwa to Num and drive to Tumlingtar (920m); lodge.
Fly to Kathmandu; hotel accommodation, farewell Dinner.
Transfer to the airport for final departure.
· Cost defers on Hotel Category for Hotels in Kathmandu.
· The itinerary is changeable and modifiable as per needs and time frame of the clients.
· Cost will be re calculated if the itinerary is changed or modified.
· Additional activities may be added as per request with nominal additional cost.
· For any kind of changes please contact us by email or call to us.
Arrival and departure transfers to and from airport with Snowy Horizon’s assistance.
3/4 Nights 3 Star Hotel accommodations in Kathmandu on BB Plan as per itinerary.
Flight tickets for Kathmandu-Tumlingtar-Kathmandu to the climbing member and his guide.
All camping equipment like camp furniture (table, chairs), kitchenware, kitchen and dining.
Guest and toilet tents in Advance Base Camp.
Three meals a day (BLD-tea-coffee) and twin sharing teahouse accommodation during trek
Freshly cooked 3 meals, tea or coffee by Snowy professional cookin Base Camp.
Baggage allowance for trekking up and down is 40kg: 30kg ratio per person.
Barun National Park entry fee.
TIMS card (Trekker’s Information Management System).
Expedition royalty and climbing permit for climbing Mt. Makalu.
Government appointed Liaison Officer during climbing period fully paid.
Wages, equipment, medical and accidental Insurances for staffs.
Required base camp food for climbing member and all involved staffs.
Each expedition member will have an individual tent in the ABC. Solar panel for light and battery charger in Base Camp.
1:1 experienced private climbing Sherpa guide during trek and climb (Makalu Summiteers).
Required high altitude food for climbing member and support Sherpa.
Required fixed and dynamic rope during climbing period.
Our service charge and Government taxes levied in Nepal. And Farewell Dinner in a typical Nepali restaurant with domestic culture show in Kathmandu.
Any additional staff (s) specially required by the climbing member.
Lunch and dinner during your stay in Kathmandu except farewell dinner in Kathmandu.
Items of personal nature like laundry, phone calls and Internet uses.
Clothing, packing items, personal medical kit, personal trekking/climbing gears.
Any extra services or products or offers or activities not mentioned in the itinerary.
Any extra expenses arising out of various/unforeseen situations like natural calamities, landslides
Political disturbances, strikes, change in Government regulations etc.
Rescue, repatriation, medicines, medical tests and hospitalization expenses.
Airfare of international and domestic flights other than specified.
Summit bonus to the personal climbing Sherpa (Beginning from minimum US$ 1,200 per summit per Sherpa).
Tips to base camp staffs(Per climbing member beginning from minimum US$ 200 in total for all)
Any other item not mentioned in “The Service Package Excludes” Section.
Please fill out the form below and we will get back to you as soon as possible.